Delighted to be showcasing flockomania at KORU 6 and to represent the UK as one of thirteen invited jewellers from 12 different countries. As part of this I’ve been ask to select two other interesting jewellers to represent the UK and i have chosen Rachael Colley and Tim Carson to accompany me.
KORU6 is an international contemporary jewellery triennal, located in Finland and organized for the sixth time. The main purpose of the event is to present widely international contemporary jewellery and bring together the artists, lecturers, researchers and people with interest in contemporary jewellery to take part in exhibition, seminar and workshops!
The exhibition will be open at Imatra Art Museum from 20th of August to 15th of September 2018. This time 13 talented jewellery artist were invited to take part of the exhibition. Each of them was asked to invite two interesting artist from their own country to join in the exhibition. In total there will be works of 39 artists from 12 countries.
IMATRA ART MUSEUM, from 20th of August to 15th of September 2018. Opening ceremony in the evening of 17th of August 2018.
HELSINKI, TIIVISTÄMÖ from 11th to 27th of October, opening ceremony in the evening of 10th of October 2018.
TAMERE, ARTCENTER LAIKKU, November 2018 (dates coming soon)
The artists participating KORU6 are:
- Jussi Järvinen, Mari Keto and Hanna Ryynänen, Eija Mustonen, Minna Karhu and Maria Nuutinen (from Finland)
- Tobias Alm, Anna Norrgrann and Jelizaveta Suska (Sweden)
- Julia Maria Künnap, Maarja Niinemägi and Rainer Kaasik-Aaslav (Estonia)
- Ineke Heerkens, Jeannette Jansen and Christopher Thompson-Royds (Netherlands)
- Jasmin Matzakow, Vivi Touloumidi and Nadine Kuffner (Germany)
- Dana Hakim, Vered Kaminski and Naama Bergman (Israel)
- Zoe Robertson, Rachael Colley and Tim Carson (Timothy Information Limited) (United Kingdom)
- Liesbet Bussche, Octave Vandeweghe and Eline Willemarck (Belgium)
- Edu Tarin, Marc Monzó and Estela Saez Vilanova (Spain)
- Carla Castiajo, Cristina Filipe and Manuel Vilhena (Portugal)
- Lauren Kalman, Seth Papac and Mallory Weston (USA)
- Aurelie Guillaume, Marie Ève Castonguay and Amir Sheikhvand (Canada)
For more information please visit KORU6